Italcementi Group operates in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico through Essroc. Set up in 1866 as Coplay Cement, the company started producing cement in 1872. The name changed into Essroc in 1989 to allow the Company to complete under one name across North America.
Essroc’s headquarters are based in Nazareth in Pennsylvania.
In 2009, Essroc commissioned a $650 million state of the art manufacturing facility at its Martinsburg, WV location. The project replaced seven wet kilns operating in Martinsburg, Frederick, MD, and Bessemer, PA. This was the largest industrial investment in the history of the state of West Virginia and had a significant, positive effect on the environmental footprint of Essroc in North America.
Essroc, after the recent recover in the North American market, confirmed its leadership in the north-east area of the United States: with its industrial network along with some terminals served and continues to service customers through vertically integrated products of cement, masonry, ready mix, and limestone aggregates. Moreover, with the innovative products developed by Italcementi Group, Essroc represents one of the more dynamic company in offering sustainable solutions for the building community.